Gigapanning With Tom

November 26, 2009

More short videos from my gigapanning trip to Como with Tom.

Above: A short video made inside the main dome area of the Como Conservatory, while my friend Tom used his Gigapan. (Tom thought I was taking a still photograph when I pointed my camera at him—boy he can hold that smile well!) See it on YouTube if the embedded version doesn't work. You can view Tom's panorama of this area of the Como Conservatory here.

Last week I went over to Como Conservatory with my friend Tom. The goal was to find areas for taking  detailed Gigapan panoramas. In our short 90-minute outing he was able to shoot three panoramas while I occupied myself taking short little videos, chatting, generally being obnoxious, and also sketching. (You can see my Como Town sketch and a link to Tom's panorama of the same site here.)

It's Thanksgiving Day today in the U.S. and it's the perfect time to reflect on great friendships—people who let you participate in their life, their creativity, and oh, yeah, don't mind if you're lippy and obnoxious.

Below: Another short video made at the Como Conservatory, while Tom created a Gigapan of the Koi pond area. See my video of the Koi Pond on YouTube if the embedded version doesn't work.

• Christina Trevino.
    • November 26, 2009

I really feel gratitude for the people that let me participate in their life and their creativity, even when they are lippy and obnoxious!

• November 26, 2009

Christina, then you will get along with us just fine! Hope you have a great holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving… don’t eat too much pumpkin pie.

• November 26, 2009

Thanks Jon, I hope you had a great day. I didn’t make pumpkin pie (long story why I don’t) but I made pineapple upside down cake and it was fabulous! But we leave all the left overs with Dick’s folks so there is no chance that I could eat too much of it.

I am threatening to write a post about the day, however…we’ll see.

Pineapple upside down cake… you’re evil.

• November 27, 2009

Jon, not quite, but I can see it from here!

• Christina Trevino.
    • November 27, 2009

Pineapple upside down cake! Ay ay ay, no comments.
    Post about your day, I love to hear how different folks pass the day.

Cool vids. I haven’t been to the conservatory in way too long. That’s a great place to spend some time at this time of year. Thanks for the reminder.

• December 1, 2009

Ed, yes it is the perfect time of year to get over there because you can feel your skin accept the moisture after being in the dry air! Get over there and sketch.

(The tropics section of the MN Zoo is also great for skin hydration.)