Currently Browsing: Making a photocopy edition of an artist book 1 articles

6a01053560de5d970b01116890063f970c-300wi

Report on the MCBA Visual Journal Collective Portrait Party

POrtraitParty5908
Left: Here’s a quick photo of the final book we made at the Portrait Party. Top—the inside information page and the first page of the participants list (math is not my strong point and I wrote in 26 attendees when actually there were 27!); a portrait spread (all pairs were opposite each other on a spread) showing my portrait of Lynn Fisher (left) and Lynn Fisher's portrait of me (right—she took off years and years!); Ken Avidor’s overview sketch of the party participants; a cover with the optional title label. The book is 7 1/8 wide x 8 5/8 inches tall. I used Canson Mi Tientes to make the covers (people attending only had to bring cover paper). It is a 32-page, 5-hole stitch pamphlet. Click on the image to see an enlargement. (All artwork © of the listed artists who gave me permission to post.)

Last week I wrote a brief note about the MCBA Visual Journal Collective Portrait Party held on Monday, February 16. I wanted to give a more complete report, as well as provide a visual of the book which we made.

I arrived at MCBA at about 6:10 p.m. to start setting up for the 7 p.m. meeting. With the help of Emma Allen who is the adult programs coordinator at MCBA and the co-coordinator of the Collective I got extra cover materials set out (she and I both brought extra paper as we thought people would forget), organized our workspace, and I started creating “work stations.” I came with a plan all written out in steps because I knew once we started people were going to have questions and I would need to be several places at once. Having a written plan people could read was invaluable.

RozWoundUp
Close Cookmode

Pin It on Pinterest