Testing the New Email Notification on Roz Wound Up

February 11, 2018
Watercolor on Claybord™ Disk, mounted on a book cover.

Today I’m posting to see if the new notification email I set up works.

I’ve posted a sketch I did last year to put on a handmade book cover. It’s a watercolor portrait on a disk of Claybord™.

I don’t have anything else to say, except that it is fun to paint on Claybord™ because it is a very smooth surface. (At least the ones they precut into small shapes use the smooth original surface.) So the watercolor moves around and you push and pull it, and after awhile it takes purchase and you have layers and you’re good to go.

Because it’s a smooth surface it’s easy to lift color if you lose your highlights.

In other words it is a lot of fun.

What is not fun is setting up new mail forms. So fingers crossed you’ll get a note “What’s New at Roz Wound Up” this morning at about 5 a.m. CST and it will list the latest 4 blog posts.

If it works, going forward you’ll receive a notice like that on any day that I add a new post. On days when there aren’t posts you won’t get a note.

This goes to everyone signed up on the list as wordpress users and Newsletter subscribers.

This means you had to use the little form at the base of any page of my blog to subscribe to my website (and the newsletter if you wanted to do that as well).

The newsletter will come out once a month. It will have new content that will not be on the blog. Last year it was things like some great book recommendations with pages from the books and reasons why I thought you should read them. And also a fun post on the pigments I removed and added to one of my test palettes last year, and why I made those choices.

To get the newsletter you need to be signed up. Back issues of the newsletter aren’t available. Most of the time the material in the newsletter will not be published later on the blog. So if you want the special extra info you really need to use that form at the end of the blog page and sign up for it. I do not sent this out to all the Word Press users who sign up, that’s a different list.

I’m hoping that on Sunday, February 11 at 5 a.m. a post will go out with the latest 4 blog posts included not only with their titles and main image (which isn’t showing on the preview but is showing in the building window!) Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your on-going patience. I’ve been fighting tech battles all this past week and I’m way behind in posting all the posts I’ve written for you, and all the posts I want to write are still waiting in draft form. So I’m even more frustrated than you. But I’m hoping this will finally be what we need to stay in touch.

In the meantime go sketch something. It couldn’t hurt, and usually it helps a lot.

UPDATE: End of Sunday, or the day of the endless headache as I like to call it, and I stopped the email sending. It was only 31 percent done but no one was receiving it. A query to a local group of designers about which mail programs they used on their sites got me a very helpful email with suggestions as well as a whole list of problems one web-savvy designer found with the site. So moving to the new host may have taken care of some speed issues but there are more issues to resolve. I’m going to examine some options tomorrow. But I think it’s going to be awhile before I can get the email notifications for new posts and newsletters coming out to subscribers. I’m so disappointed and frustrated, but I appreciate your patience. I hope that you check in at least once a week to see new posts. I’m still trying to get back to my MWF posting schedule, but with all this tech to resolve I find I’m working on tech and not posts some days! I’ll keep working on it and I hope you keep checking back.

UPDATE FEBRUARY 22, 2018: I’m still working on this problem. Today some people received an email about this item as a new post. That’s not really how it should work since there have been additional posts since I posted this. But at least people are getting notifications.

It seems that the notification system stopped working in December some time. That’s a lot of posts to miss. If you haven’t been receiving post notifications I encourage you to scroll back through the posts by using the titles at the bottom of the post. Or go to the navigation menu and click on “Blog.” In the drop-down menu that will pop up select ARCHIVES. You’ll then be given a list of archived posts. Select the December 2017 selection for December posts, January 2018 for January posts, and February 2018 for those posts I’ve been able to put up while fighting with the technology! Some people are telling me that they thought I’d stopped blogging! I don’t want you to miss some fun projects I’ve done, some reviews (like the Handbook Watercolor Journal Update—a whole new look at that commercially bound journal, and the announcements about my upcoming classes because I announced those in January!)

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

Related Posts

• Ted B
    • February 11, 2018

Did not get it (9:00 AM CST). If others got theirs, maybe I should sign up again for the mailing list?

Ted, I got mine so I am HOPING that you haven’t got yours yet because it isn’t finished sending. It is only 12 percent sent according to the stats line in the program. Let me know if you get it later today or tomorrow?

• Cathy
    • February 11, 2018

I did not get it either, Pacific time. Hope to get them soon!

I hope it will come later it seems it is only 12 percent sent.

• MARY K MARTIN
    • February 11, 2018

I did not receive it either (2:55PM CST).

Thanks Mary, I pulled the plug this evening. See the update note at the end of the post for the current status of all this. What a mess.

• Tina Koyama
    • February 11, 2018

It’s Sunday evening, and I never received it.

Thanks Tina, I think I pulled the plug around 8 p.m. See the update note at the end of the post for the current status of all this. What a mess.

• Trudy Mason
    • February 12, 2018

Not sure if a cyber hug from a stranger is any help but I’ll send one anyways. Computers and everything they do are amazing when they work but when they don’t….so extremely frustrating. So hope it all gets sorted out before long and you can spend your time doing what you love, not trying to solve problems.

Cyber hugs are always welcome in these circumstances Trudy. Thank you. You made me smile.

• Glennie
    • February 13, 2018

Hi Roz, not me either, I’m in Beijing time. I’m sorry you’re having such frustrating problems with your site. That sketch you posted here looks like a heartfelt expression of how you’re feeling about your technical issues right now ! As they say, a picture’s worth a thousand words !

Thanks Glennie! I appreciate the kind words.

• Zanne
    • February 15, 2018

Hi Roz, Have not received anything from you in a while and I used to receive all of your newsletters. Hope you’ll get over this issue soon. It sure enough is frustrating for you to spend so much time on your website only to get so lean results. Courage!

Thanks for letting me know. I have a post about this coming out tomorrow. I hope to have the problem fixed next week. Lean results is a great way to put it!!!

• Carmel Campbell
    • February 19, 2018

Hi Roz,
    I think I posted on your classes page that I was not receiving emails. I am really Sorry you are having a problem. A cyber hug from me also. This sort of stuff is the pits! I have bookmarked your blog so will try to manually to go back to see new postings. However, I hope you get the mailing list up and running again. I only realized they had stopped when I linked through to you from Sktchy. Started seeing pages I had not seen before. I have signed up again but do not receive an email notification I am signed up so don’t think it went through.

Carmel, thanks for the heads up about the mail program. I have some more things to try this week before throwing in the towel, but I can tell you that the way it is right now it won’t accept any actions you make. What I’m holding my breath for is to see whether is saves the list from before!!! Fingers crossed.

• Carmel Campbell
        • February 22, 2018

I have received two updates since Feb. 19….one was a welcome email and the other, this morning, about recent posts…which brought me back to this post testing the email system. I think you have the system working.

Sadly not yet because it didn’t do the most recent post. Maybe it will catch up with itself. New post tomorrow so you should get a new post about that!

• Eleanor
    • February 22, 2018

Got this Post today!!! YAY!

REALLY Eleanor????? What did it include? links to this post? several? I’m holding my breath hoping it’s working now. Can you forward to my email the email you received?? I just realized that would be easiest and you have my email. Thanks so much for letting me know.

Eleanor, Jen set me a forward of the email notification that she received. So I don’t need you to bother to do that. HOWEVER, if you get something tomorrow would you forward it to my email address so I can see which post it’s informing you about. There still seems to be an issue with that. URGH!

• Jen
    • February 22, 2018

I just got the notification too. Arrived 22.20 GMT on 22nd… Just one paragraph headed ‘testing the new email notification’. I’ll fwd to you…

Works for me… keep em coming 🙂 xo

Hope it’s fixed. There’s a new post for tomorrow so we’ll see…thanks!

• SusanA
    • February 22, 2018

Hi, Roz. I got your email today (February 22), “Testing New Email Notification…” with a link to this post only. I can’t remember the last time I received a notification and fell out of the habit of checking the blog after a time. I was glad to see your name pop up in my Inbox. I hope you can get your tech problems sorted soon. What a nightmare they must be! I was wondering if eldercare was keeping you from posting much.

thanks Susan, for letting me know. I’m not sure it’s fixed yet. You should get one tomorrow because there is a post coming out early in the a.m.

• Barbara
    • February 22, 2018

For what it’s worth, Roz, I received the same email as described by Jen & Susana,(at 5:20 EST on Jan. 22) linking to this post. (Also wondered where you been for so long–glad you’re back!)

Barbara thanks for letting me know. And know that I haven’t gone anywhere so you might have missed a bunch of posts about some fun stuff like the Handbook Watercolor “Second Look review.”

• Barbara
    • February 22, 2018

Sorry Roz–that’s February 22–today !

No problem! I understood.

• Beverlee
    • February 23, 2018

Got mine! Fingers crossed!