There’s Still Room in the Journaling Class Starting January 12, 2013

January 2, 2013

See the full post for details and an embedded video.

After a lot of trouble this morning I'm giving the video embedding and linking another go.

If the embedded video doesn't play try this link.

On January 12, 2013 I will begin teaching a multi-part journaling class. That weekend we'll meet both Saturday and Sunday to make a book and start working with ink in a variety of ways. There will be three evening sessions spread through the year when we'll reconvene to look at different pen types, learn various approaches to working with them, and catch up on journaling tips. You can see the full details of the class here. You can contact MCBA to register.

There is still space in the class so I thought I would make this quick slide show to give you a visual idea of what we will be up to. I hope you'll join me. The fun factor for working in ink is high! It will be a great way to start your new year.

• Caroline
    • January 2, 2013

hi Roz, the video is playing fine, I have put it on repeat with no problems. I think its just the sheer amount of traffic on the websites thats causing problems and things will sort themselves out from now on as people go back to work. It will definitely get better once the children are back at school; it’d better as at the moment I cannot download the downloads I have purchased!
    Happy New Year and I wish I could join your class! Its bound to be fun!

• karen@kje.com
    • January 2, 2013

Video’s working fine, Roz. I love the images you chose and the copyright free music is swell.

Thank you Caroline for letting me know that you could see it. I wish I could have stuck around longer to see what was going on but I had a meeting. I was able to see it in Youtube so I redid the beginning of this post with the links included and they work for me too.

I hope it was as you suggest because I have a couple videos coming up in the next few weeks and I don’t want a repeat of this morning!

I hope you get to download the download you paid for by now! I hate when that happens, or when something cuts off in the middle of something.

Thank you Karen. I think I was in a black hole this a.m. with nothing getting in or out!

• Leslie Schramm
    • January 3, 2013

Well I can make the September one, but it’s a bit of a walk to get to the first two. As there’s a family wedding this trip I’ll have the full kilt and clutter with me; so keep an eye out for a big hairy scotsman.

• Frank Bettendorf
    • January 3, 2013

Worked fine for me and I enjoyed it. Nice presentation. Sorry, you live too many air miles for me to attend. Did you get my letter?
    Frank

• BJ
    • January 3, 2013

Wish you had an online version. . . I’m in CA

Leslie, does this mean that you are coming for the two day in January? The single evening classes are only for the folks who make the book in those first two days? I’m confused. I would love to see you sometime. But if you aren’t coming to the States until September please let me know when. We can have cake!

Frank, I’m sorry we’re distant too as I have enjoyed our correspondence and know we would have fun sketching together. I did get your letter. It is on my pile of real mail to answer (I’m so bad!). Thank you.

Roz

And I wish that last night after Dick had gone to bed Carl had done what I’d asked him to do and taken out the camera and shot me doing a wonderful gouache painting of a pepper because it started with a pen sketch that was so wonderful and would have been the perfect demo. URGH. If only Carl had an opposable thumb there would be online classes already!

Thanks for writing BJ. Enjoy that warm CA weather. (14 here today but sunny and lovely.)

• Leslie Schramm
    • January 4, 2013

I’m only around in September, but bribing big hairy men with cake , I don’t know. If he’s in the Fitzroy I usually bring Garrison a tub of sweeties called “Soor Plooms”, so I could bring extras and swap for cake. They are vivid green ( I’d guess America bans at least one of the colourants in these sour, hard boiled sugar candies the size of a marble ) and really not all that sour. Am very sure they’ll all enjoy their journal making; have fun.

Leslie, I don’t need to swap for candy, I’ll treat you to cake, just so I can get a chance to meet you and get more details about puffins. Be sure to let me know when you have your travel plans so I can be around!