Holiday Greetings From Roz and Dick in 2011

December 26, 2011

We used to send out holiday-end-of-the-year cards—typically oddly themed things with photos or illustrations of the girls (Emma and Dottie), but when we found ourselves mailing cards one year at Groundhog's day we fell out of the practice. This video speaks for itself.

If the embedded video doesn't work you can view 2011 Holiday Greetings on YouTube.

I hope you all have a fantastic 2012. Thanks for reading.

Thank you for such warm and delightful holiday greetings, friend! It’s a pleasure you found time to write about it.

• Zoe
    • December 26, 2011

Loved the video and your chocolate. Now what are those knives; they look good and sharp.

And most of all, a happy holiday season to you and Dick.

Zoe, what many people don’t know because the kitchen has been under construction for so long, is that I’m a bit of a foodie. We do have a lot of knives. Sharp knives. Dick is wonderful about keeping them sharp for me.

They have nothing to do with the Band Aids™ however, in case you’re wondering. Over the past few days with all the bookbinding I’ve been doing one finger tip cracked from being constantly washed (to get the PVA off)—I have a wet paper towel at the side of my table to keep my fingers clean because I like to be meticulous (someday we’ll get around to video taping me binding!). And I scraped the other finger fiddling with my bike, getting it ready to ride outside last week. Sigh—it was worth it!

I hope you have a terrific 2012! It’s almost here.

Silvia, many thanks for writing. I’m glad you enjoyed the video. There were many fun things happening this past week but Dick and I laughed about my behavior when he came out. Like journaling, you have to get it when you can. Have a fantastic 2012! (I think I’m actually getting used to writing 2012 already.)

• Karen
    • December 26, 2011

Love the video, Roz. Happy holidays to you and Dick!

Thank you Karen!

Tell them next year, you can buy Russell Stover’s in a bag, none other than allll caramel! Ha! Loved it!

• LizzieBo
    • December 26, 2011

Do Pantheists have more holidays or less? In anywise, thanks for the fun video and the year full of gifts from your blog. And psst. we’d all love a video of you binding! Something to hope for in the new year (or so). Happy Happy, Merry Merry!

• Leslie Schramm
    • December 26, 2011

Sharp knives always good in a kitchen. Should you cut yourself, a clean fine cut far easier to repair, Raggy ones from rubbish knives, horrific. And at least all my mother does is squeeze sweeties in the wrappers looking for the hard ones. Need to work out how to get you some Russian Caramels. Dark chocolate coated caramels, made with salted butter. Which fufill the four Scottish food groups, Fat, Salt, Sugar and more sugar. Enjoy the “Less shops open” day. I bought knife blanks and had a butcher bring them up to proper butchery sharp, with instructions on how to keep them sharp; was worth every penny.

I’d bet wwww.aquarterof.co.uk would ship you sweeties, though as you’ve been in Oz there’s many a sweetie here will bring back memories; and worry the wallet

Pattie, don’t joke with me about this. You’re telling the truth, not pulling my leg—all caramels! Though I suppose before I get too excited about the prospect I should consider how I might loose my edge!

LizzieBo, I think that’s a great question. I know that this particular pantheist gets more holidays because everyday is a celebration. And because you see the god in everyone it opens you up to celebrate their holidays too. So it’s just one big party of wonder and awe here!

With caramels!

Oh, I also had a couple Dove ice cream bars on the weekend. And as people following my tweets will know I just got back from an 18 mile bike ride (in very windy conditions) so I think I might just get over to Mel-o-Glaze! It’s Boxing Day and I think that would be an appropriate way to celebrate.

My hands are so glad to not be binding today by the way!

I think I’m going to like visiting Scotland very much. We had hoped to go there when we were in England ages ago but only got to the border. I have long wanted to return to see the birds. Now you are telling me there are caramels with salted butter—fat, salt, sugar, and more sugar. That sounds like a good food pyramid to me!

Leslie, your mention of sweets from the UK and then Australia made me think maybe I should look into this more. I found an interesting blog on Australian Candy. http://www.candyblog.net/blog/category/australia/

It’s amazing I have all my own teeth!

• Caroline
    • December 26, 2011

May you have lots more caramel days! Thank you for the inspiration and knowledge you have given me this past year and I wish you all good things for 2012 so you can keep inspiring us and teaching us (that sounds a bit self-serving, lol?) and may others find your blog as wonderful as we all do! Happy holidays!

Thank you Caroline. No caramel today, but Dick and I did make cookies. I thought that would be more fun than going to Mel-O-Glaze. Different anyway, if not more fun. So I got my celebration in today.

I’m glad that you have enjoyed the blog. I hope to keep it up. I have some things planned for 2012 that I hope will be informative. I also have some paper testing that’s going on and I’m trying to catch up with my reading. I didn’t get my reading recommendations done before the holidays! Eeek.

• Bill
    • December 26, 2011

Happy Holidays to you and Dick. Thanks for all the informational and entertaining posts this year. I always look forward to what you’re up to. Did you ever get a uke? I’m afraid I missed that, if you posted about it.

Bill, I have yet to get a ukulele. We did go and “smell” them and I have learned which brands I would most likely be able to live with. But there is so much other stuff going on, and my fingers are always cracked during the winter, that it doesn’t seem the right time to take it up. Besides, I’m having so much fun watching other people play. I have to focus!

• velma
    • December 27, 2011

oh, wonderful! ha ha!

Thank you Velma, I hope you have a great 2012!