Hey, does anyone know why my Lijit Search Engine might have disappeared? I noticed it two days ago when I went to search for something myself (crossing referencing my ideas is difficult without it!). All that shows now in the top portion of the left column is a underlined link, which when clicked upon takes you to their website—instead of the little search box format which of course took you to interesting places on my blog.
I've sent them a note but haven't heard anything. I don't want to just jump in and reinstall it if that isn't necessary because it takes some time to generate the cross references and sort of builds them over time. Sigh.
But maybe I'll have to switch.
If you have a search engine for your blog that you really like drop me a line. I'd love to hear about it.
Or if you know what's up with Lijit, ditto.
In the meantime I'm sorry for the inconvenience—that you can't simply go to the search box and type in a key word. I hope, while I sort this all out, that you'll amuse yourself by trying out the "suggested" extra reading by LinkWithin, which appears at the base of each post.
Update Monday, October 17, 2011. Thank you to everyone who wrote in with feedback—some who had no problem seeing the widget, others who didn't see the widget because they had "blockers" of some sort running. I am 90 percent certain the problem is something in my browser software—some update turned a blocker on again or something. So I'll look into that. Thanks again. I really like this little search engine and don't want to lose it—for my use!