JOIN THE LITERARY TRIVIA CONTEST!
Coffee House Press, Graywolf Press, The Loft Literary Center, and Milkweed Editions are celebrating their anniversaries and Minnesota's thriving literary community by hosting a grand scavenger hunt: Around the Literary Twin Cities in (Almost) 80 Days.
Each week, from mid-October through December 24th, they will be releasing a Minnesota-themed literary trivia question with prizes awarded for correct answers presented at local venues and a grand prize drawing at the contest's end.
You will need to be in town to join the hunt. They want you to devise the trivia questions. Here are the rules supplied to me by a friend who works at Coffee House Press. Good luck!
1. Questions must be related to Minnesota literature, literary figures, or literary history.
2. Answers must be provided with the questions.
3. Submissions are unlimited.
4. All submissions must be received by midnight, August 14.
5. Your full name and mailing address must be included.
6. Send all submissions to: TwinCitiesLit@gmail.com
1. Make it amusing—questions in the form of riddles or limericks (or even Jeopardy-esque "answers" with the answer being a question) are all encouraged.
2. Make it diverse—in addition to general interest booksellers, participating venues include childrens' booksellers, sci-fi and fantasy booksellers, art and history museum shops, bookshops run by Minnesota literary icons, a traditional book arts center, and the Twin Cities Book Festival. We'll need appropriate questions for all of them.
3. Make it accessible—ideally, the answers could be found at the venue. But don't worry about making the questions too simple—we'll be releasing hints.
1. If you are the author of one of the eleven questions chosen, you will receive an advance reader's copy of a forthcoming book from Coffee House Press, Graywolf Press, and Milkweed Editions + a stylish, canvas bag to carry them all in from The Loft Literary Center.
2. Bragging rights (of course!)
3. Be one with the Minnesota Literati!
So send your questions and keep 'em coming—winners will be notified on August 28.
Coffee House Press
Where Good Books are Brewing™
79 Thirteenth Avenue NE, Suite 110
Minneapolis, MN 55413
All rights reserved. © 1999-2009, Coffee House Press
Note: As mentioned at the opening of this post, I received this information from a friend who works at Coffee House Press. I am not running, or in other ways involved in, this contest so please DO NOT send your entries to me or this blog; follow the rules and send your entries to TwinCitiesLit@gmail.com. And send your questions to TwinCitiesLit.wordpress.com. Do let me know, however, if your question gets selected or you win a prize!